Recommended workflow for 3d renderings?

Everything related to WebRotate 360 desktop tools and utilities.
jhill

Recommended workflow for 3d renderings?

Postby jhill » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:38 am

Do you have any recommended workflows for specific 3d software? I use 3dsmax and I'm testing various scripts. It would be awesome to see a tutorial or read some recommendations of scripts to use or process to follow.

WebSupport

Re: Recommended workflow for 3d renderings?

Postby WebSupport » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Unfortunately, we don't have such recommendations yet.. If you could share some references to the 3dsmax scripts you tried, it would be really helpful.

jhill

Postby jhill » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:42 am

I've tried several found on scriptspot.com. Here are my current results:

1. VR-sphere-render
This one won't work at all. It only renders in vertical rows which your software doesn't understand. You end up with a mixed up project. I haven't been able to change that so I dropped this one.

2. hoha-turntable-script
This one does horizontal rows but only in a hemisphere. I'm no programmer so I contacted the author and he might release a new version that will handle an entire sphere with some options. Until then...

3. I decided to build my own rig using splines as my rows and linking a camera to it. I then batch render each camera. I'm currently experimenting with that. My plan is to have a standard 3ds max scene rig that I will share with everyone. More to come.

One question for you, does the demo have any limitations? When I go full-screen with Chrome, it's a blank screen. Just curious. Once I get a successful rig built and tested I plan to purchase this software.

Thanks

WebSupport

Postby WebSupport » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks so much for the details! Interesting...

Yes, the free version doesn't support full-screen currently (more details).

PS: if you manage to come up with your own turntable script and share with us (i.e our users here) with some instructions, we would be happy to send you a 50% discount :)

Return to “Desktop Software - SpotEditor”