Hikashop support...

WebRotate 360 product views are now available in Joomla. Any issues?
exlemor

Re: Hikashop support...

Postby exlemor » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi there, just sent you access credentials via email.

By the way, it would be much better from a security standpoint that you create a secure page somewhere on your site or a method by which to send you sensitive login username/password for Joomla Admin/FTP as email is completely insecure ;) Thanks for considering this.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.
SkypeID: exlemor

WebSupport

Postby WebSupport » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks, Emmanuel. We will look info it.

PS: short of encrypting the info explicitly with asymmetrical keys, a secure page wouldn't be that much different I think from an email going through a secure port which is also then encrypted with asymmetrical keys while it's traveling (I assume your email is going through a secure port / certificate validation) - it will end up sitting on our hosting provider's server either way. One simpler option could be to email us a password protected (AES) zip with a text file, and send the password via PM on the forum.

exlemor

Postby exlemor » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Personally, I like the ' One simpler option could be to email us a password protected (AES) zip with a text file, and send the password via PM on the forum. ', except that I'd make it a 7z password protected file for even more protection but that's just me.

Looking forward to having you guys check out and fix it - we'd love to incorporate the technology for the site launch.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

WebSupport

Postby WebSupport » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi Emmanuel,

Posting our findings here, if anybody else will be looking for Hikashop notes on our forum:

1. In turns out that Hikashop uses just word "text" for the contentMode parameter. So we replaced com_hikashop recommended earlier in the thread with text in webrotate360.php , so it looks like this now:

Code: Select all

if (($contentMode !== "com_content")    &&
    ($contentMode !== "mod_k2_content") &&
    ($contentMode !== "com_k2")         &&
    ($contentMode !== "mod_custom")     &&
    ($contentMode !== "com_virtuemart") &&
    ($contentMode !== "text")) // <-- Here's the change
    {
          return (false);
    }

2. Also updated config parameter in both shortcodes to the following path such that it points to the duffle bag xml under your images folder in the root of the website:

/images/360_assets/Large-Duffle-Bag/Large-Duffle-Bag.xml

Both 360 product views seem to be working fine now (i.e product page and about us). Please let us know if you see any issues :)

lupo

Postby lupo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:44 pm

thank you! as always perfect support!!!

exlemor

Postby exlemor » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi there, it looks great but maybe I missed something but

1. the + - button doesn't seem to do anything in terms of zooming in?
Is that a setting I missed in SpotEditor? or something that isn't working...

2. Also where do I control the look of the left and right arrows /+ > ?
[disregard: found the answer - in the plugin parameters ;)]

3. I noticed in Inspect Element an error as well:
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (license.lic, line 0)
http://gardinie.com/plugins/content/web ... icense.lic

I'm sure I missed that somewhere :)

Thank you so much for working on this so far!
Cheers,

Emmanuel.

WebSupport

Postby WebSupport » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 pm

No problem, Emmanuel!

1) The 360-degree product images in your sample are sized pretty much to fit the popup box (example) so there's no room for zooming and the high-res ones are not configured. I suggest to check out our user guide below on pages 8 and 14 (starting in the middle) and republish & reupload the duffle bag project accordingly.

http://www.webrotate360.com/360_product ... Readme.pdf

3) It basically looks for the license file automatically in case you have purchased the product (no pressure! :) ) You can create an empty file with the same name and paste something like this in there, if the inspector error is annoying:

Code: Select all

<xml></xml>

I hope it helps! Please shout if anything.

exlemor

Postby exlemor » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Thanks for that - i will read up on it - as for 3) I, of course mentioned it to the client but to be honest with you [and this may be something worth considering / talking over with the Sales Team] - when I talked it over with them, it came down to these features being in the Pro:

Unlimited hot-spots [4 in the free version] = 4 is plenty for them so far haven't used 1.
Full-screen support = [but since we're using the popup and that full screen doesn't exist yet with that = no go ;)]
Multiple 360 views on the same page = no need for them.
Single config for multiple 360 views = they didn't see the value in that for their limited use.
Image loading from CDN or external server = they didn't see the value in that for their limited use.
SpotEditor features = no real need for those for their use of the product
Fully branded "white-label" solution = it wasn't clear what that was and how it was different than removing the Powered by WebRotate.

and finally:
No «Powered By WebRotate» in the top corner = only thing of value for them and tough to justify for $ 299 so maybe if you had a version with just that being available at like $ 39-$59 for the copyright removal ? [wink wink hint hint]

[I'm not saying they are right or wrong or that most clients are like them but I figured I'd pass on the feedback - I have no doubt of the greatness of the software but I understand also how for a small business $ 299 is pricey for something they don't use a ton so if it was possible to have a copyright removal at a more reasonable price - I think you could create yourself a whole new income stream...

As for me, I say THNAK YOU thank you THANK YOU for the help :)
Sincerely,

Emmanuel.

WebSupport

Postby WebSupport » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:32 pm

No problem, Emanuel. As long as "Powered by WebRotate 360" is there in the corner, we don't mind!

BTW: full-screen (and full browser window "full-screen") does work using wr360expand shortcode in PRO granted it bypasses the small popup.

Return to “Joomla Integration”